Wednesday, July 29

Pretty Close to Heaven on Earth


I have fallen in love. Our family flew to Kalispell, Montana for a Larson family reunion this past week. The boys both did wonderful flying...Little H used his charm to make some new friends on the airplane. A shout out to 8 month old Martha from Hong Kong! One guy even let him pull on his finger for part of the trip. Big H was an ol' pro.

Everything went smoothly...until we arrived and discovered the bag with the boys and my clothes did not arrive. *This is when God was asking me to put my Bible Study on contentment into practice.I later told M that if I got bent out of shape about such a small thing, like clothes I would really be missing out on bigger things that He couldn't trust me with. It did arrive the next day!
Thursday night we had a movie on a big screen they rigged outside. Minnesotans and North Dakotans...imagine...no bugs! Amazing. (picture to come soon)
Moutains in your backyard....breath-taking. Your own pool and frisbee golf course with personalized score cards. Organized meals every day...I am going to miss this. Our little family resort. Excellent service, I might add. 5 stars.


Frisbee Golf behind thier house. M's cousin Nick used some type of GPS system to locate the exact trees used for this! Amazing if you consider how many trees there are on their 40 acre spred.


M and I white water rafted near Glacier Park with 20 some other family memebers. Thanks again to Al for organizing this.M and I did a cliff jump. (Check that off my bucket list!)




We hiked on Big Mountain to visit the site where M's cousin's ashes were scattered. He died 12 years ago. I never had the pleasure to meet him, but when I asked M what he was like he said, "He was a livewire. He lived and experience more in those 12 years that most people do in thier entire life." Wow!Lots of laughing and sharing memeories.




The best part....knowing that God was to be blessed for all of this. Being able to see the generations of Godly legacy. I love this family.
The only downfall? Having to come home. Ok, maybe we were a bit exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had so much fun! I love white water rafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right...Heaven on earth!!! Your 2 boys are both really fun (well the 2 of you are too) Great seeing you guys!!

    ReplyDelete