Here are a few of the thoughts that our oldest bundle of joy and energy (joyergy...new word?) has been up to.
Big H made a grand announcement yesterday. As he was standing looking out the front door he announced to the Mister and I:
Big H: "I need to go outside now."
Mama: "Sweety, you don't have a jacket or shoes on. Why do you need to go out?"
Big H: "Jesus is coming."
I stopped for a second to look at him. Was he talking about Easter or did he know something I didn't.
Last Sunday Big H also asked me out of the blue..."Where is Jesus?" So, I tried to expalin to a two year old that Jesus was there at church, He is at our home, He is everywhere, and in Mommy's heart. He thought long and hard and then said, "Ohh, in here" as he tapped my chest.
Last night at bedtime, as Daddy and Mommy were about to say prayers with Big H. We started talking about God's great love for us. How both Mommy and Daddy have asked Jesus to live in thier heart. Daddy told Hayden that he needs to ask Jesus to enter. Mommy also mentioned that God doesn't just bardge in, He loves to be politely invited. So, Daddy started to help Big H ask Jesus to come into his heart. "Jesus, please come into my heart." (Big H echos) Then Big H says, "Santa too?". Ouch!
Nope, Santa doesn't need to be asked in...he just hops down you chimney and gobbles your goodies. Ok, so maybe that last line I didn't say, but I sure felt like saying it.
I also have caught Big H trying to put a marble in his ear this week. I thought we were past that phase. Apparently not.
Silly me!
SO precious! Don't you just love their little minds?!
ReplyDelete