These past few days have made me feel like I live in a bubble. I am glued to the news and constantly checking my e-mail in hopes of updates on how friends and family are doing with this flood. M and I ventured out for a diaper stock-up trip to Target. Wow, was it good just to get out of this "bubble" that is our house. I actually told M while heading to the check out, "I really don't want to leave. I just want to keep wandering." The store was so empty Big H could just run up and down the isles. Have you ever tried to contain a 2 year old? It's like trying to put your hand over the end of a running hose and stop the water...it is not likely to cause any water to stop, just a mess. If anyone is willing to venture over for a play date I would owe you forever! (Does that sound like begging? Because it is.)
School has been called off for flood related things all next week, so if you have any creative ideas of how to keep Big H occupied that would be super!
M also has been busy with making sure we are prepared with a HUGE generator in our kitchen. He has been trying to explain what a "sweet" machine it is...probably a $1000.00 generator. He has polished it until it shines and I was wondering if he was going to ask if it could sleep in our bedroom too. Thankfully, not. It sure does put my mind at ease though. So, if your electricity fails,come on over! He has also figured out how to wire it to our heating system in the event that we need heat. Yes, he is my McGiver.
So, as we are in our bubble, we are very curious how all of our friends are doing in their "bubbles". Please, leave us a note. We would love to hear from you!
Finally...I applaud Fargo in all of their TV updates and teamwork...Moorhead, leaves a little to be desired. M and I agreed this morning though, the one voice that has been clear and friendly....We want D. Rogness for Moorhead Mayor!
No comments:
Post a Comment