
Since Nana introduced Big H to the movie Polar Express, he has been fascinated with the train...and the tickets. So, when Daddy picked him up from daycare one day and asked to see his ticket, (aka his slip about how he ate and diaper info.) he was thrilled that this new phenomenon has now become his reality! Daddy asked me to bring home a hole punch from school too, so when Big H gets home from daycare Daddy says, "Where's your ticket?" and Big H hands it to him so that he can punch it! He will even yell out, "Hey, wait, I've got a ticket!" randomly so that other parents stare at me like I'm going to leave my child behind. Don't you love age 2?
Unfortunately, today was a non-ticket day. When I arrived to pick him up, he asked S, his daycare lady for his ticket. When she told him that he didn't have one today. The look was priceless. He was completely at a loss of words and super melancholy. He attempted to take a valentine card and pass it off for his ticket, but we had to return that.
I hope that Big H will remember how his daddy wanted to help his love of Polar Express become real.
No comments:
Post a Comment