Sunday, January 18

Ties that Bind


There are commonalities within our relationships that tie us together. Whether it is our faith, similar interests, or circumstances. Daddy and Big H were bonded by the fact that Daddy was wearing a tie, and Big H wanted to be just like his Daddy.
This week we have also been very focused on family as Daddy's Grandpa, A has been battling with a leak in his heart and was told he had only days to live. For Daddy Grandpa A was that "special" someone that shared like interests and temperaments. This morning, Grandpa A went home to his Lord. We had been praying that God would take him peacefully and without pain. We found out that Grandpa A went with a calm final last breath. Before he passed away, he reached out to grasp for the arm of his beautiful bride. Wow, kinda takes your breath away.
I have also been rejoicing with a special someone who I am forever bonded to, my sister M. After patience and prayer her and her hubby C are expecting their first little miracle here in June. Last night they went to the doctor when M was having some spotting, but everything turned out fine. Praise God! It actually turned into a bit of a blessing when they did the ultrasound to make sure little "Pat"(as they have been calling him/her) was just fine, were able to discover the gender. We are so excited to say that Big and Little H will have another boy to rough house with.Yeah! Uncle C is already planning the sporting teams that they will play on together.
Isn't it interesting how God answers prayer? I am so thankful that he is willing to be connected with us, even with all our inadequacies.

3 comments:

  1. Dear M&M, I am very sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. I'll give you a call soon! -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You're such a great story teller. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa too.
    We have to get your boys and S together soon. I think after all this new little sister-girly talk this week he needs some "boy" time! :) Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Matt's grandpa - we're thinking and praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete