
Well, it's that time of the week where I unload about all the silly things that I look back on now and can't believe I did. I am totally honest and forth coming about my inadequacies as a momma, wife, and human in general. So here I go with my very first, Not Me! Monday.
This week when I took Big H swimming at grandma's house, I did not make him get out of the warm pool by himself to wipe a booger on his own towel. Who could bear to watch that? I did not smile at the fact that momma did not have to get out of the pool and therefore freeze.
I did not almost cry after we had been to a birthday party and I forgot to have a piece of cake. Then proceed to ask the Mr. to stop by the grocery store to buy me my own little cake. How selfish...and piggy I might add. I would never do that!
I did not believe my husband when he told me that my parents house was on fire and actually freak out for a while before it dawned on me that the smoke I saw up ahead was white and not black. Darn sugar beet plant!I don't overreact or panic like that, nope, not me. Who would believe such a ridiculous farce. And I just totally did not use the word farce in my blog!
I did not caffeine-up (is that a word?)my hubby on Saturday night after I had a 4 hour nap so that he would be awake enough to help me rearrange the living room and totally organize ALL of the boys toys until 1am.
And I absolutely did not put little H in his car seat so that I could have 15 minutes of peace to write this Not Me Monday!
Ugh! That was both painful and refreshing. I invite all of you to purge all of those moments from your week and move on with a big smile, knowing you are surely not the only one who does crazy things. At least I hope I'm not alone in this...right?
My Compliments to the Chef...
Tonight when the Mr. went out to do snow removal, I made a delightful meal of Mac & Cheese for Big H and I. After about 3 repeated demands that he join me at the table...and even a "please don't have me ask you again" (in my best teacher voice) he entered the kitchen and says, "Ohhh, noodles mommy, cool!". To which I feel prideful to having pleased my son (can you feel pride over a box of M&C?) and said, "you like them?" "Yeah!"
Don't you just love those moments?
No comments:
Post a Comment