Thursday, May 17

Fargo Youth Run

Big H and Little H decided this was the year.....the year for them both to take part in the Fargo Marathon Kids Run. It was SUPER hot that day, I even questioned whether or not to take them, but they were SO excited. I kept telling Big H that it didn't matter what place he came in, just that he didn't quit. Everyone who didn't give up and finished got a medal. On each medal was this verse:
Let us run with perseverance the race that is marked out for us. -Hebrews 12:1

My racers before the big race.


M and I each ran with one of the boys, since they were in different age categories. Daddy ran with Big H and I ran with Little H.
Big H ran amazingly well. He even lost M in the crowd at one point, but found him again and ended up finishing in the top 10. (Who's counting though, right? ) Totally our son, pushed his body to the limits and wanted to know how he did upon finishing.
Little H on the other hand started off SO fast, that I really had to jog hard to keep up, but then by almost the halfway point decided he wanted to walk a little and the last little bit until he could actually see the finish line had to be distracted from his discomfort by discussions of how many scoops of ice cream we would eat when we were done. =)

He did it! He finished! He also told me that he has NO desire to run a race again.
Big H finished and kept asking when he could run another race. SO proud of himself .
What an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment