Wednesday, December 22

The Joy of Christmas

As we approach Christmas one familiar sight we begain to see more of is the Salvation Army bell ringers armed with their bell and red kettle. A friendly reminder that admist all the presents under the tree, we need to remember those less fortunate always, but especially at this season.
Big H has begun to ask more questions about why are they ringing the bells and whom the money goes to. I half seriously asked him one day if he would like to ring a bell. He quickly and confidently replied, "Oh, I would love that!" M and I figured what better way to let him understand about the joy of giving first hand. When I mentioned to Nana that Big H wanted to ring a bell to help others, she said she had been hearing about the need for ringers on the radio and would love to sign up and do this with him.
So, today Big H along with Nana and Papa became official red kettle bell ringers. H had a blast! Nana and Papa, said he was loudly ringing his bell and shouting, "Merry Christmas!" to those who passed by.



Our sweet Big H adorned with apron and bell.



 I'm thinking we might make this a family tradition...including the rest of us next year.

We encourage you to remember the reason for the season. Merry Christmas!
                                              The Larsons

No comments:

Post a Comment