Thursday, March 25

In His Time

Big H is growing into such a little man. The conversations and comments that he and I can have in the car, or before bed sometimes stop me to take a second look at who it is I am talking with. "Could that possibly be my little boy that just said that....or made that observation?". He is at the age where learning about the world around him is fascinating and he just can't soak in enough, fast enough. This does not however, mean that he wants mommy to be his teacher. Much to my shagrin, there are times where he often wants to explore things for himself and wants me to just be there and act just as amazed as he is. He wants me to have the excitment of seeing things for the first time. For the logical side in me this can be a challenge, but I have found that once you allow yourself the freedom of child-like excitment...it is so refreshing!
Big H has been so opposed to anything that has to do with writing. He doesn't want to write letters or color. He often looks for a reaction when I pick him up from daycare and he displays his artwork with a proud, "I scribbled Mommy!"  The mommy in me is proud he tried, while the teacher in me wants to drill him and push him to do his best. I have to say though, it's thoes time that he chooses to draw or write on his own that I see pride in his work. Here are some examples of what H is up to when he's allowed to do his thing....
Heads up, the first one is a picture H drew of his father. The scribble you see by his nose areas is M's whiskers he was growing.






And I thought that hearing my boys say mommy for the first time was great, seeing it written by them melts my heart the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment