Saturday, November 7

Shoes


Shoes.
Popular for so many reasons. So many styles. Boots, heels, flats, maryjanes, running shoes, water socks (although, in my opinion, still a shoe, not a sock), ballet shoes, tap shoes, etc. I can remember some of my favorite pairs of shoes, and least favorite. I recall a battle of wills most Sunday mornings as my mother wanted to put daring black pattent shoes on me. I would whine and complain that the strap was uncomfortable, until one day I found a scissor and cut the strap off. I have numerous memories of my basketball shoes. I still have my first pair stored away...but I am sure I can tell you what style I had each basketball season.
The youngest member of our family has just entered into the shoe world. The first time I tried to find shoes for him, I couldn't believe I could find none that really seemed to fit. I thought he has to be curling his toes up or maybe, just maybe, my child had some abnormal foot issue. Rest assured, after talking to a show sales person my child fits into shoes...even if they are wide. 4w. That seems huge to me. My almost 1 year old is wearing 4w.
He loves them. He reaches for them. He sings happily when they are placed on this chubby feet. Is it because my son has a shoe fettish? Nope. For him they are a whole new world of freedom outside. He also is more like his big Brother H.
I just love his new shoes.

More importantly I love the little one year old boy who buzzes around in them. I love you with all my heart. Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love the shoes too, Little H! I hope you have a Happy 1st birthday! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete