*Disclaimer: If you are not ready to hear about a really bad day, I would suggest not reading on.
There are 2 types of people in the world...ones who love birthday's and those who consider it just any other day. Unfortunately I am type one and M is type two.
Growing up birthday's were a big deal. They still are. I enjoy having a day about me, especially now that I am a mommy and I have become more of a: dishwasher, laundress, maid, cook, full time teacher, full time mommy, etc. You mothers know what I am talking about. It's nice to be appreciated and celebrated every blue moon. So, along comes MY day. This is how it played out...
Woke up to a nice gift and note from my hubby. THings are looking good. I know that M didn't know what to get me and asked my best friend. Thanks C!
Went for breakfast with my parents, the boys and hubby. Big H was overly hungry and caused only a minor disturbance to everyone at the restaurant to put it mildly.
Went home to laundry, clean-up, and every day "things".
Hubby leaves to go watch football....I know what you're thinking. What!? He went where? Without taking at least one of the kids?
Mom comes over and decides we should clean together....yeah!
The next few hours are spent making lunch, playing with boys, more laundry,cleaning house....you get the picture.
Finally have both boys down, when M comes home.
Let's just say there were a few tears shed.He actually said, that he just thought as I got older he figured that I would grow out of this whole "birthday" thing. (How long have we been married? You do know who I am, right?)
I take a nap and wish that this was another day.
Wake up to find out that M has NO OTHER birthday plans. None, nope, not even dinner.
To top it off...no one at work remembered me either.
Ok...so I guess I did end up having a party...a pity party.
No comments:
Post a Comment