Monday, June 8

Outnumbered

I am totally outnumbered. Three males in this house with lots of testosterone...ok, more to come as they get older, but for now just "normal" amounts. There are piles of dirty socks flicked off, underware left in the bathroom after a shower (sorry for the visual) and tractors, trucks and sports equipment galore. I am happy to say that as of right now there are no deer heads mounted on my walls. Thankfully my house doesn't look like this yet...

I love my boys to pieces...honestly. I love how simple they are. I love that I can pick out an outfit in 5 minutes or less including "accessories". I love that when I go shopping for them their clothing, racks are few and right to the point.
Having grown up with one brother who was 10 years older than me, I totally missed out on really knowing what little boys are all about. I have to say they really do fascinate me...they are so different. A good differed, most of the time.
However, there are times though when a gal just needs another gal to vent to, cry with, or just do girly things with. My best friend C is just such a gal. We don't get to do many "girl nights" with her moving to the other side of the state, but when we do I always feel refreshed. This past weekend was one of those times. We decided to each plan one surprise and then do dinner and a movie to end.
I chose for C and I to do something that neither of us had done before. It was stepping out of my comfort zone, but it was really fun and rewarding. We went rock climbing at the YMCA. If you haven't tried it, I really encourage you to try...I'd even be persuaded to join in if you wanted.

This was a little overwhelming to look at at first. I mean, where do you start?

Having a blast! I even reached the top and rung the bell. Yeah!
Then C took me to Clay Your Way. If you know me, things like this, where you have a zillion choices like: object to paint, colors, what to design, etc. can drive me crazy. I am a total perfectionist, so often times I just use so much time planning and just need a good kick in the pants to get started. This new experience was also very enjoyable and I did complete my project. Pictures to come.
Thank the Lord for Mommy's night out. Can I get an Amen?

2 comments:

  1. What a super-fun outing! :) The climbing wall looks incredibly intimidating.

    P.S. I'm going to need all the advice I can get about raising boys in the very near future, so I hope you're taking lots of notes!

    ReplyDelete