Monday, April 20

Unexpected Gifts

I MISS...
Sleeping in past 7am. Ok, sleeping in at all.
Watching a movie and having a lazy Saturday. Watching a whole movie at all really. (Thomas, Cars, and Nemo don't count)
Going shopping by myself for as long as I like.
A chest that is perky...do I hear an Amen?
Wearing a regular bra (what IS "regular" anyways)
Eating whatever I want...Ice cream for breakfast? Don't mind if I do!
A purse that has only MY stuff in it.
Packing lightly.
Doing laundry every other week.
Having my bed to myself.
Clothes without food, boogers, or spit-up on them.
Not having to rush everywhere...and therefore be late most of the time.
Not giving time outs...it is really as hard on the parent as the child, especially when they give you "that smile".
Not having to say things like, "gentle hands please or listen and obey".
My body not doubling as a jungle gym
Playing what I would like...not trains, race cars or tractors over and over and over and....you get the point.
Watching the same movie only once.

BUT THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE...
Mornings waking up to a little voice saying, "Mommy" or having the request to snuggle in Mommies bed.
Moments when I get to snuggle with two precious boys.
Kissing chubby cheeks.
Hearing my son talk to God.
Little eyes that keep me eating what I should.
Questions about the small things that I often pass by.
Random hugs just because.
Little hands holding my fingers...or chewing on them too.
Someone who thinks I am awesome no matter what...ok, so most of the time anyways
The opportunity to learn about being more self-less instead of selfish.
Empathy for other mommies who have unruly children sometimes.
A sweet voice who sings about how HE's got the whole world in His hands.
The opportunity to raise godly boys for godly women someday...like in 30-40 years.=)
A legacy that will serve the Lord...my hearts prayer.
Reminders to wear my seatbelt and pray.
Any excuses to go buy new clothes.
Reasons to nap on Sunday afternoon.
Joy in the little things.
Variety....the spice of life, right?
Anything really great to blog about.
A bond that is stronger that I realize.
The ablility to call myself a mom.

Thank you Lord for all these gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet! I enjoyed reading this. Can't wait to see you and Big H on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete