Each Easter my family (the Ulven's) hold an egg hunt. This egg hunt is not like the typical ones you see with the kids looking for eggs outside, or in the Midwest here, with the egg hunt inside due to snow still being on the ground. This egg hunt is for the adults. It's competitive, ruthless, and all about the trophy.
Yes, I did say trophy!
In the first year or so the trophy consisted of an old bowling trophy with a Cadbury egg taped to the hand! lol Now, my mom has actually ordered a trophy with the years and winners from each year. Upping the anty if you ask me. Some years we have added a little extra challenge to the hunt by having my sister M and I put pillow cases over our head and having to listen to our husbands give directions. Note to anyone that is going to try this...some places will NOT develop your pictures. (I suppose you look like you have been taken captive by terrorists.)
In other years, I have been pregnant, but that hasn't stopped by crazy competitive drive. This year however, my sister is the one who is preggers. Logically, I just want to be nice and let her find the eggs without my usual pushes and shoves. Sadly, part of me still cries, "Win, win, win!".
In all honesty I LOVE this egg hunt, but I LOVE seeing the competitive side of my sister coming out just as much. She appears so cool and calm most of the time that seeing her match the spirit of the game is just as fun.
Now that you know more about my family's Easter traditions, I'd love to hear some of yours.
Ohhh, and I will hope to post some of the previous and current pictures of this event soon.
Happy Easter Everyone!
Can't wait to see the pictures!
ReplyDelete