M and I are really enjoying watching his personality and sense of humor develop. How is it possible for a two and a half year old to be so smart? I am most amazed at how he seems to know where we are at all times from his small view in the backseat of the car. He can pick out Grandma's house, Nana's House, his favorite climbing tree, and even our friends C's car from any direction. That is definitely his father's trait of being so observant while driving. His mother on the other hand is just focused on the road ahead. Last time he was riding in daddy's truck he suddenly blurted, "There's a sign daddy, it says stop." and there it was.
H has really blessed us during his prayer time when he tells us who is on his mind to pray for...it's usually both grandparents, but always interesting to hear who else. Sometimes it's Great-Great Grandma, Uncle C & Auntie M, and his baby brother. He is a very protective big brother who likes to know who is going to be handling him. Last night after prayer time I was telling him how he was going to have to show his little brother all the things he can do with him this summer. I said, "You can show him your sand box too." To which my precious boy says, "Cover him mommy?" Wow, am I going to be on my toes this summer. He is everything from sweet to sassy (which 2 year old isn't?) to messy to meticulous. How can so much be wrapped up in one boy?
Over break here Daddy and I have been working on potty training H. What an adventure! We've got the big boy underwear, stickers and M&M's, and all our toys in the non-carpeted part of our home. I'm no fool! The first day was a little rough going 0-6 and the second day proved much better with 3-2. He is still in that point where he wants to be a big boy, but yet, a little baby like his brother.
So, today I thought it only fitting to start my first real interesting blog with the first little boy who started us on this adventure of parenting. We love you H!
He's trying to be such a big boy feeding "his baby".
I can't believe you put H's feeding picture on here! Tons of laughs looking at it!
ReplyDelete