Thursday, August 4

Polly

Have I mentioned that the boys are animal lovers? Sometimes their love can get to be a little too much love and their good intentions turn into me saying, "that poor creature". There was one such instance while we were at the lake.
Big H found the cutest fuzzy white caterpillar and decided to name her Polly. Polly was given a new home of a sand pail equipped with grass sticks and a few leaves. Unfortunately, the next morning when I went to go check on Polly she was not looking so perky anymore. Still alive, but poor thing! So I had a chat with both the boys about letting God's creatures enjoy being where God had put them.
So, with some sad goodbyes Little H picked her up and thought putting her on the front steps would be a good idea. I tried to veer him away saying that might actually be pretty dangerous for poor Polly.

Big H then picked her put and gently place her on a leaf.

I don't think I've seen a caterpillar crawl so quickly away to the underside of the leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment