Wednesday, May 18

Skin

Yesterday I took the boys to the big tree on the corner by Concordia for a picnic with their Auntie M and Cousin S. On the way back to Aunt M's house, we were in a bit of a rush, since Big H had to go to the bathroom. Once we got to their block I told H he could run the rest of the way to the house if he wanted to.  When I arrived at the house I found him in the bathroom kind of whimpering with a bloody knee. He had fallen on some loose rock by the driveway. Here is the conversation that followed:

H: Mom, it really hurts.
M: That's because you scraped some of the skin off buddy.
H: Where is the skin?(Worry about the pain turns to worry about this "skin")
M: Ummm, in the driveway where you fell I suppose.
H: (in a worried tone) Are they (Auntie and Uncle) gonna drive over it?
M: Well...maybe. But buddy it won't matter because it's not a part of you any more.
Later that evening when we were attempting to put a band-aid on it Uncle C drove up.
H: Did he drive over it? ( We are still talking about the scraped skin here)
And last but not least before we got into the car to leave, we had to do a search of the driveway to look for the scraped off skin. No luck.
This morning when he woke up I asked him how it was doing to which he replied, "It's better Mom. It's kinda hard like cement."
Love the mind of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment