This year after church our Easter started a bit scrambled in a different way. Little H tripped and fell and was fallen/stepped on on our way out of church. He immediately grabbed his wrist and started screaming. Little H may be younger, but he is a pretty tough guy, so I was pretty worried. After his pain didn't ease, screaming getting in and out of the car seat, and him refusing to show anyone his wound. My mom and I decided it best to bring him into the walk-in. After x-rays and screaming it was decided it was too unclear so they splinted it, which resulted in more screaming and sent us home. I had read Little H a story about a girl who fell off the jungle gym and had to go to the hospital, so relating back to the story and telling him what he got to wear was his "special band-aid" worked for a while.
Meanwhile, my poor mom was calling my dad to put the ham in, then mash the potatoes, etc. because company was going to arrive at her house in an hour.
Finally home, and then off to dinner. Both my sister and I are preggers this year, so we opted out of the egg scramble for safety reasons. =) The boys had a blast with their egg hunt and the big boys I think did too. Although our name is NOT on the trophy this year, it was a perfect ending to a very scrambled day.
Congratulations J and M on your haul and BIG win for this years Easter Scramble!
I also added a couple of pictures from Big H singing at church on Palm Sunday. Singing is serious business, as you can tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment