Sunday, March 20

An Arizona Highlight

A most of you know, Big H loves trains. He loves to play them, watch them, read about them and talk about the different types of cars that an engine can pull.So, while we had time in AZ, Big H, M and I along with M's uncle...Great Nate, who used to be a train engineer all went to the McCormick train park.

Big H loved it! I really wish with all the trains that we have here in the F-M area they would develop something like this so we all cold have a greater appreciation and understanding of the railroads and its history. I found the history part of it fascinating. The fun began even before we got to the train park, we discovered we had to take a very special road to get there....Hayden Rd.


There was also diesel and steam locomotives that kids and parents could ride on. It took us through tunnels, over tresseled bridges, and by other trains too.


 When I was looking at the pictures of the trip later on I asked M what had made him think to take a picture of how the cars on the train were hooked together, to which he replied that Big H actually took this one.


There was also a building full of model trains. Everywhere you looked there were tracks with trains running. Above your head even! I think this is how Big H's bedroom would look if he could design it. There were a dozen or so older/retired guys that were chatting and building even more tracks! There was also a big TV showing old silent movie train clips.


 

Last, we were able to tour an old train used by 4 of our country's President. I found the historical information so fascinating and all the items in the train museum were so kid friendly...meaning they were able to touch.




Here are a few items that I found amusing in the museum...

And this is a time clock, to punch into work. Looks more like a piece of artwork to me.
There are so many more pictures, but I think this post would have to be called a book, so I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into a fun adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment