Thursday, July 1

To My First Born

To My Dear First Born-
Happy 4th birthday sweet boy. I remember the day I found out I was expecting you. Your Daddy and I were living in Osakis with Grandpa. I remember drivng by your daddy to head into town in the morning to get some things at the store. When I got home I just didn't feel quite right and thought that maybe I was pregnant, so I took another trip into town. Daddy sure gave me a funny look for driving back and forth so much. When I found out that I was pregnant with you I called the clinic and they asked me to come in to see a doctor right away. So, I took yet another trip into town and found out that we were to be expecting you in the month of June. While I was in the parking lot of the clinic, Daddy called me and asked me to pick up milk and cereal for him. I told him I just really wanted to come home. He sounded a little frustrated and said that with all the trips I had made today, he didn't want to make another one, so to PLEASE pick up milk and cereal. I started crying. He said, "WHAT is wrong?" I said I'm at the clinic and we are expecting a baby. Dead silence. He told me to come home right away. We were SO excited to have you as part of our family. I slept a lot with you in my tummy because you were so busy growing. You and I didn't like the smell of Grandpa's fishsticks at lunchtime, but after a while grew to not mind it. We moved back to Moorhead, by Nana and Papa in the spring time. You decided not to come in June, but suprised us by deciding to come the beginning of July after Mommy and Daddy had decided to stay up late one night watching a movie. When you were born, you were perfect. Instantly, I couldn't remember what life was like before you. We thank God for our precious first born.

There are so many things that I love about you little man. So I decided to write down just a few things that I love about you as a new 4 year old.
-Riding bike and asking to hold my hand while you do
-Soaking up all the snuggle time you can
-All the imaging you are doing...being a construction worker, a sprayer, a puppy
-Your famous line when you make a phone call, "what are you doing?"
-Your competative spirit
-How much you love to giggle and play with your brother. What an excellent big brother you are.

-Hearing you sing the BIBLE at the top of your lungs no matter where we may be...shine that light little man
-How you can sleep in almost any strange position....and do!

Happy, Happy Birthday H!

No comments:

Post a Comment