Saturday, March 14

1-800-222-1222

I'm sure some of you are a bit perplexed about the title of this blog. All I can say, is if you have a young child, or are thinking about at anytime having a child you will need to put this number into your speed dial. It's Poison Control. I unfortunately am becoming WAY too familiar with this number. I feel like an awful mother saying that. It's not that I am inattentive or neglectful...I just have a very curious boy, quietly curious that is.
Our first incident with PC was last summer when Big H put his hand on the lid of an open paint can.(We scraped and painted our entire house last summer...that is another story entirely)He then proceeded to put this paint stained hand into his mouth. EEK! Imagine my panic as a mother, now multiply that by 100, because MY mother was here at the time too. If you think I'm a worrier, wow, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Then last night, Big H was downstairs with daddy sorting the laundry, when all of a sudden they rush upstairs and I am informed that Big H decided to put a squirt of Spray-n-Wash directly into his mouth! EEK!
Just for further reference...it's not toxic. Some steady fluids and possibly a tummy ache, but no major damage done. Just mommy's hair starting to turn gray.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh Maria! Just imagine what he'll be trying to get his younger brother to try in a year or two!

    ReplyDelete